Hopefully you read in Part 1 that we at Crossings Community Church have joined the Acts 29 Network. Acts 29 is a diverse, global family of church-planting churches. It is a network which seeks to equip and support churches who are committed to planting churches. Acts 29 desires to be a network known for 4 things: (1) planting churches that plant churches, (2) pursuing holiness and humility, (3) being a radically diverse and global community, and (4) praying for conversions through evangelism.
Acts 29 has five theologically driven core values: (1) gospel centrality in all of life, (2) the sovereignty of God in saving sinners, (3) the work of the Holy Spirit for life and ministry, (4) the equality of male and female and the principal of male servant leadership, and (5) the local church as God’s primary mission strategy.
These principles and values have been driving forces for us at Crossings since our inception. Therefore, thankfully we find immediate brotherhood amidst the churches banding together to pursue Kingdom growth in the Acts 29 Network. Yes, I know… I still have not answered your question.
- Staff Support – The network provides a group of like-minded brothers for our staff and elders who are driven by the same passions and pursuits. This should be an encouragement to our body.
- Leadership Accountability – The like-minded pastors and leaders within the Network are given permission to ask the difficult questions of our leadership at Crossings. They are friends who are outsiders that are there to encourage as well as bring things to light that may not be seen.
- Ministry Benchmarking – We do church differently than most if not all of those around us. To have a body of churches which are driven by the same values as Crossings will be an incredible blessing as we continue to pursue God’s vision for years to come. We will have the opportunity in community to be blessed by the lessons learned by others on the journey.
- Missional Engagement – The network takes new church planters through a grueling assessment process and as they launch new churches all over the world, they are launched based on a set of common values and convictions. As we seek the Lord’s guidance in our continued global missional engagement, it provides us with a set of trusted opportunities for partnerships in which we can lock arms and see more lives transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Church Mentoring – The usual Acts 29 Network addition is a family beginning to plant a church and that church is somewhere in its infancy. By God’s grace, Crossings is a church that has traveled that journey and has much to share with those who are beginning that journey. We desire to be a resource and blessing to all of the other leaders and churches in the Acts 29 Network.
It is a blessing and an honor to call Crossings a partner with this great network of Christ-heralding churches and leaders. I truly believe that we at Crossings will be able to advance His Kingdom in greater ways as we partner with other gospel centered churches around our world.
I am looking forward to all God is going to do in 2017!
Source: Pastor's Blog